YOUTH (6TH GRADE – 12TH GRADE)
Youth Ministry at St. Michael’s aims to equip children, youth, young adults and parents to be a thriving community of disciples dedicated to loving God and loving our neighbors.
Know and Grow in God’s Love
Live joyful hope with our neighbors
Support and Equip each other
we strive to….
Follow God’s example, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5 :1-2
Come and join us for some games, Bible study and snacks. If you have any questions, please contact Matt Connolly at email@example.com.
Forms & Documents
Confirmation (during HUB)
- 6th grade – 8th grade
- Wednesdays 6:15-7:45pm
- Invest three years in fun and relevant large teaching groups and small discussion groups including games, activities, outreach events, and retreats. Also spend time exploring the Catechism and the Old and New Testaments. This year will also include reading through The Story with the entire congregation.
Impact (during HUB) HS Youth Group Night
Wednesday Nights:“Room 38” 6:30-7:45pm“It is so important for the young people to continue on their discipleship journey into the HS ministry once they have been through confirmation by attending church, youth group and in service.
- 5:30-6:15pm Soul Supper
- (Note: the HUB includes other groups for parents.)
- 6:30-7:45pm meeting for a Youth Group night with icebreaker games, refreshments, teaching, discussion and application (led by Martin and other HS leaders).
- Teaching: We will be using “Is Genesis History?” Study material for 4 weeks, as it provides great material on an important topic for teenagers. (I would encourage parents to join the equivalent adult class and have great conversations with your youth on the way home!)
- (We will start by using the Genesis teaching and then talk with the youth and parents about what they would like to study next.)
- We will also include social / fun nights and outreach/serving events for the youth. I would love to hear from the youth about their suggestions and for parents to be involved.
If there are any HS youth who are interested in serving and being mentored as a teen shepherd in Confirmation, please let me know.
Bible Study and Fellowship
- 6th grade – 12th grade
- Sundays 9:30-10:30am
- For those who want to spend time with others digging deeper into God’s word. This is a space for all youth to connect with each other as well as with their Confirmation shepherds and youth leaders.
Mission and Outreach
- There are plenty of opportunities to serve at home and away: VBS, feeding the homeless, Operation Christmas Child, VEAP, Feed My Starving Children, Haiti and REACH mission trips.
CONNECT for All Ages
5:30 – 6:00 p.m.:
6:00 – 6:40 p.m.:
|Modern Music (in Fellowship Hall)
– including many of the usual elements for those who are unable to make Sunday morning; prayer, application, mission feedback, etc.
6:40 – 7:00 p.m.:
January 14: Know & Grow
January 21: Support & Equip
7:00 – 7:10 p.m.:
7:10 – 8:00 p.m.:
|Youth Small Groups|
St. Michael's Lutheran Church
9201 Normandale Blvd
Bloomington, MN 55437