Preschool (3-4 year olds)
St. Michael’s is an exceptional, Christ-centered, award-winning preschool and ministry of St. Michael’s Lutheran Church that is open to families in the Twin Cities area. We invite you and your child to consider St. Michael’s as your next “home away from home!”
Our mission is to create a loving Christian environment in which the children can develop to their fullest potential: including spiritual, physical, emotional, social and cognitive growth in their young lives.
Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it. -Proverbs 22:6
The objective of St. Michael’s Preschool is to provide each child a safe, loving and positive environment where faith is naturally integrated into the curriculum.
What Your Child Will Experience at St. Michael’s
- Creative Learning: Arts and crafts, science center, author-of-the-month, reading nooks, singing and dancing, writing journals, sensory tables, and much more.
- Safe, Loving Environment: Spacious, secure, naturally lit classroom; State of MN licensure; app-based parent communication; caring and experienced teachers; and family involvement opportunities.
- Faith Focus: Daily Bible stories, chapel times, praise songs, and an environment grounded in Christian values. We aim to make sure your children are learning about the most important thing: the love of Jesus.
- Active Play: Dramatic play, gym time, outdoor playground, annual bike week, field trips, and more.
- Kindergarten Readiness: Proven, purposeful, age-appropriate curriculum with bi-annual assessments and parent-teacher conferences.
Ready to Learn More?
- We still have a few openings for Fall 2023! Click here to view the class options and fees. Click here for the downloadable application form.
- Don’t hesitate to call or email with your questions or if you would like a personal tour. Kristi Lueth can be reached at email@example.com or 952-230-2025.
For children who are 3 on or before Aug. 31 and are toilet-trained:
- Tuesday/Thursday – 9:00 – 11:30 am
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday – 9:00 – 11:30 am
This option is limited to six students. Wednesday 3K class is combined with 4K class for independent and group times but separated for developmentally appropriate activities and snack.
For children who are 4 on or before Aug. 31:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday – 9:00 – 11:30 am
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday Afternoon Enrichment – 12:15 – 2:45 pm
4-year-olds have the option of staying for an extended day of focused enrichment activities on Mondays, Wednesdays, and/or Fridays. Students bring a lunch from home for Lunch Bunch (11:30 to 12:15.) Students can choose to stay for one, two, or three afternoons for the year. View afternoon enrichment descriptions/options.
Classes are in session Sept-May.
New! Soccer Shots: St. Michael’s Preschool hosts a Soccer Shots Classic Class for both 3K and 4K students on Tuesdays! See 2023-24 Class Options and Fees for more details.
Docs/Forms for New Families:
- 2023-24 Class Options and Fees
- 2023-2024 Preschool Application Form rev 2023.8
- Preschool Calendar 2023-2024
Docs/Forms for Registered Families:
St. Michael’s Preschool admits students of any race, color, national, ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs and other school-administered programs.
Contact for More Information
Contact Kristi Lueth, Preschool Director, for further information.
I have had 3 kids in St. Michael’s Lutheran Preschool and could not be happier with our experience there. The teachers and staff are amazing, loving, and experienced. The enrichment option for 4-year-olds proved to be a great transition to all day kindergarten for my kids. I love that they teach the basic academic, social, and independent skills for kindergarten readiness, along with teaching about the love of Jesus. Truly a wonderful place and I partly wish my kids could stay preschool aged forever!
– Jennifer D.
All of our 3 boys have attended St. Michaels preschool. We absolutely have loved how much our children thrive at this school. They are so well loved, cared for, and encouraged! There are many options for just morning classes, adding lunch or staying for longer days. We have done many combinations depending on what our kids need and our schedules. The staff and teachers make class fun, and they learn so much at the same time. We love St. Michaels!
– Heather T.