Trail Life & American Heritage Girls
St. Michael’s offers a boys Trail Life troop (see below) which meets every other Thursday evening (approx.) during the school year. Currently, St. Michael’s is working toward starting an American Heritage Girls troop for girls K-12 grade. Scroll down for more details!
Trail Life Troop MN-619
St. Michael’s Trail Life Troop ministry, a spin off from the original scouting movement’s roots, is for boys K-12th grade. It combines outdoor skills and leadership opportunities with discipleship, fun activities, and active learning and advancement to help our boys develop into young Christian men ready to serve God and their families.
We typically meet at the church on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays from September through May. Meetings are from 6:30 to 8:00pm and include large group elements and patrol breakouts based on age groups. In most months, we have a Saturday “Hit the Trail” event which may be for outdoor activities or for service in our community. During warm weather months, we also include camping weekends, summer camp and high adventure trips for the older boys.
New boys: We welcome families from the church and from the surrounding area to our regional troop. You can inquire about the troop here https://www.traillifeusa.com/find-a-troop/ or simply come to any of our meetings to find out how it works and learn how to join our group. Our Troop ministry liaison, Tom Solberg, will connect with you to help answer your questions. His staff email is email@example.com.
American Heritage Girls: 2023?
Do you have a girl aged 5 to 18? Looking for opportunities to train your daughter(s) to be confident, growing, servant-leaders that are centered in Christ? Explore American Heritage Girls at americanheritagegirls.org. AHG is similar to Trail Life but a separate, national organization that seeks to combine faith, service, and fun!
- St. Michael’s is interested in forming a troop that would meet on the same night as Trail Life (Thursdays.)
- St. Michael’s AHG troop is led by a 5-member board, and in order to officially start a troop, we need the board in place. Currently we have a need for a troop shepherd, troop vice coordinator, and troop treasurer. If you are interested in learning more, contact Sue Beuning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AHG is an “all hands on deck” sort of ministry! There are opportunities for moms, including event chaperone, board member, unit leader, craft project helper, photographer, social media guru, fundraiser coordinator, and much more.
- If you would like to be on our email list for updates, contact Sue at email@example.com.
- Be sure to spread the word to other families you think may be interested!
Welcoming and Loving Our Neighbors in Response to God's Love
Mon-Thurs 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Wednesday, 7 pm
Sunday, 8:30 & 10 am