Youth (6th-12th Grades)
Youth Ministry at St. Michael’s aims to equip children, youth, young adults and parents to be a thriving community of disciples dedicated to loving God and our neighbors.
- Know and Grow in God’s Love
- Live joyful hope with our neighbors
- Support and Equip each other
We strive to….
Follow God’s example, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5 :1-2
Spring 2021 CONFIRMATION YOUTH AND PARENT MEETING
Dear families of 5th-7th graders,
You are invited to a parent and youth get together on Wednesday, April 28 at 6:30pm in the Fellowship Hall. At this gathering you will meet the new discipleship team, learn about upcoming events, receive the schedule for next year, service projects and more! If you are planning to have your child attend confirmation next year, you are required to attend this gathering. If you are unable to attend this night, please contact Pastor Pat. Treats will be provided! We look forward to seeing you on April 28.
Spring 2021 HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH AND PARENT MEETING
Dear families of 8th-11th graders,
You are invited to a parent and youth get together on Sunday, April 25 at 6:00pm in the Fellowship Hall. Pizza and drinks will be provided! At this gathering you will meet the new discipleship team, learn about upcoming events, service projects and more! Plus, we want to hear from YOU, the youth who make up this group. So come with your ideas! This upcoming year has so many exciting things in store. Whether your child has attended youth group before or has never attended, we would like to see you there! We look forward to seeing you on April 25!
Forms & Documents
- Confirmation Shepherd JD
- Confirmation registration form
- Health Information Form- Confirmation
- Background Check Form Drivers License
Youth in the confirmation program: please use the assessments for studying. On Wed, Dec. 9 we will take these assessments in class. Assessments help the pastors know what to teach and if a lesson needs some review, for the whole group. It is a tool to help us teach the Gospel and Lutheran doctrine effectively.
- Lesson 14 Assessment (002)
- 6th grade – 8th grade
- Fall 2020 Events: Contact Matt Connolly
- Confirmation is offered on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 7:45 pm, Sept. 16 – Apr. 28. Youth will study the 6 chief parts of Luther’s Catechism throughout the year. We have options for both in-person (socially distant and wearing masks), at home, and both! Contact Matt to sign up.
- Teen Shepherds: If there are any HS youth who are interested in serving and being mentored as a teen shepherd in Confirmation, please let Matt know.
- 6th grade – 12th grade
- February 2021 update: Sunday school is now meeting each week at 10:00 am!
- Grades 9-12
- Sunday evenings, 6-8 pm, September 13 through May 16.
- We will have an in-person option in a large room downstairs as well as a Zoom meeting option. Contact Matt for details!
- Friends are always welcome!
Click to view 2021 Impact Axios Event Schedule — but check with Matt Connolly for updates/changes.
Mission and Outreach
- There are plenty of opportunities to serve at home and away: VBS, feeding the homeless, Operation Christmas Child, VEAP and Feed My Starving Children
Welcoming and Loving Our Neighbors in Response to God's Love
Mon-Thurs 8:30 am - 3:30 pm