St. Michael’s Lutheran Church began in June 1962. The mission board of the MN South District, Missouri Synod purchased 17.5 acres at 9201 Normandale Blvd. in anticipation of establishing a mission congregation. Starting with twelve families it has grown over the past 50 years into a dynamic, outreach-oriented congregation with well over 600 in attendance on an average weekend.
In its 50-year history St. Michael’s has worshiped in four different worship centers, all of which are still located on the original site at 9201 Normandale Blvd. The first church structure now serves as an office building and preschool. The second church is the current lobby, while the third now serves as a large fellowship hall. A new worship center with seating for 1100 was dedicated in June 2003.
Throughout its history St. Michael’s has been committed to the life-long process of making disciples of Jesus Christ. We have strong children’s, youth, adult, missions, discipleship, and music ministries. Our desire is to be a Christian congregation that impacts not only our community and area, but also the world.
St. Michael's Lutheran Church
9201 Normandale Blvd
Bloomington, MN 55437
Preschool office: 952-230-2025
Mon 8:30am to 3:30pm
Tues-Thurs 8:30am to 9:00pm