Prayer and Care
By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another. John 13:35
Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40
We believe that there are many ways to love and care for each other…and all of them point to Jesus. The congregation of St. Michael’s has a variety of ways to care for our hurting members, their families and friends.*
*Due to COVID-19, there are some changes to in-person care services, such as visitation. If you have questions, please contact Rachel Ash at email@example.com.
- Prayer Chain – This is a member-led ministry that offers anonymous and/or confidential prayer for others in need. A team of 30 praying members will receive your request and pray for you on a regular basis. Please note that these prayer requests are not shared with other members or staff. Prayer requests and updates can be directed to Lois Martin at 952-941-5372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff/Elder Prayer List – This is a staff-led ministry that offers confidential prayer for others in need. These prayer requests and updates are collected from weekly Connect cards during worship services or may be directed to Rachel Ash, Care Minister, at 952-220-7502 or email@example.com. These requests are shared weekly with all staff and elders, who have committed to praying together for the people of St. Michael’s, the church, our community, and our world. Submissions to this prayer list could include follow-up communication from the Care Minister or Pastoral staff.
- Service Prayer Team – This staff-led ministry offers in-person prayer immediately following services with trained members who have committed to praying with others. Prayer team members are located on the front left side of the sanctuary immediately after worship services.
Stephen Ministry – Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay-people to provide one-to-one Christian care to those who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. It is a confidential ministry. The identity of those receiving care and everything they discuss with a Stephen Minister remain private. A Stephen Minister is a caring, Christian friend who meets faithfully each week with his or her care receiver for as long as there’s a need. To confidentially request more information contact Rachel Ash at 952-324-5731 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitation Team – If you are homebound, in transitional care or hospitalized, a trained and caring member will visit you and encourage you with a smile and a listening ear, and a word of encouragement.
Card Ministry – Cards are sent to those who are hospitalized or having surgery (After the office has been notified.)
Gideon Comfort Dog is a trained LCC K-9 Comfort Dog at St. Michael’s. He interacts with people in churches, schools, nursing homes, hospitals, events, and in disaster response situations. Gideon is a friend who brings a calming influence and allows people to open up their hearts and receive help in time of need. He is available to visit; contact Pam Lienemann at email@example.com. Check out his Facebook page too!
- Transportation Team- People are available to drive people to and from worship services. Please contact Rachel Ash with your request by 4:00 p.m. on Thursdays at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GriefShare Group – GriefShare is a network of 12,000 + churches worldwide equipped to offer grief support groups. The program is nondenominational and features biblical concepts for healing from your grief. Learn more about GriefShare – click here
- Funeral Planning Form: download HERE and turn into the church office. We can keep this funeral planning form on file at the church as a benefit to you and your family.
- Looking for counseling? The LCMS South District website has an excellent resource page – click here.